Ph. D. in Electronics engineering / Computer Science
Cetemmsa is an advanced Catalan Technology Centre with over 19 years of experience in carrying out applied research on Smart Materials and Smart Devices with its main facilities are located in Matarķ, near Barcelona (Spain). Cetemmsa has a first-class team of scientists, engineers, technologists, post docs, and visiting researchers focused on the research in printed electronics.
Cetemmsa Technology Centre is seeking for candidates with a Ph. D. degree and expertise in advanced signal processing for sensor systems. The position emphasizes strong knowledge on system modeling and characterization, artificial intelligence techniques including neural networks and decision trees and non linear filter design.
The tasks of the candidate include characterization and modeling of a network of printed strain sensors with non-linear behavior for the application of biomechanical motion capture. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientist in the fields of electronics, computer science, chemistry and physics.
Applying candidates shall have experience in experimental design, scientific report publishing and participation in patenting processes.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Considered Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of advanced signal processing techniques (statistical analysis, data mining, neural networks, fuzzy logic
- Experience with design of signal acquisition and processing.
- Knowledge of experimental design.
- Thorough knowledge of programming languages and programmable electronics: microcontrollers, DSPs, FPGAs, etc.
- Knowledge of communication buses and wireless communication protocols.
- Good publication record in relevant research area.
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuits design.
- Knowledge of power electronics.
- Knowledge of computer aided tools for electronic and mechanical design.
- Experience with electronic circuits fabrication and prototyping.
- Demonstrated ability to team across disciplines.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work to strict timescales and under pressure.
- Ability to draft reports.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment and demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Ability to communicate statistical data in a clear, concise manner; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; must be able to work closely with others, analytical, reasoning skills.
- Ability to pay strict attention to research protocol.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities; strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
It is required an excellent verbal and written command of English.
It is essential at least four years of relevant professional experience with research / innovation in the areas of signal processing techniques and electronics.