The Barcelona Supercomputing Center-Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is looking for two User support and Application Consultants candidates to join the user support group inside the BSC-CNS's Operations Area.
•Porting and optimization of various scientific application codes to multiple supercomputing platforms.
• Performance analysis and benchmarking of applications.
• Support to researchers within their work field: Engineering, Chemistry, Biology
• Addressing scientific user issues as they are encountered as users pursue HPC results on the supercomputing resources available.
• Collaborating with other functional groups within the center on technical matters related to supporting scientific application work.
• Participating in European e-infrastructures projects like EUDAT, PRACE.
• Experience with porting and optimization of applications on UNIX-based systems
• Proficiency in Fortran, C, MPI, OpenMP, and parallel methods
• Proficiency with the use of performance analysis tools, compiler analysis tools, and debuggers.
• Experience developing, debugging, maintaining, supporting, and using application software
• Experience supporting and collaborating with external partners.
• A thorough understanding of high performance computing architectures.
• Analytical problem solving ability.
• Desirable experience with data repositories and data management (iRODS, PID services, ...)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work within a team to complete tasks on schedule.