The Health and Life Sciences Academic Coordination Unit (www.upf.edu/web/biomed) at Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona) is specialized in Biomedical Research (Cell and Molecular Biology, Molecular Medicine, Evolutionary Biology and Complex Systems, Biomedical Informatics, Genetics and Neurosciences, Biomedical Engineering and Public Health and Education in Health Sciences), Teaching Degrees (Human Biology, Medicine, Biomedical Engineering and Bioinformatics) and Teaching Masters (Biomedical Research, Bioinformatics for Health Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry, Clinical Analysis Laboratory, and Public Health).
This creates the opportunity to devise new strategies to improve the dissemination of our activities, which will be carried out together with the Institutional Projection and Communication Unit. To accomplish these tasks, the UCA and the Institutional Projection and Communication Unit require a Communication Officer.
The Communication Officer role involves the following tasks:
• Link between the UCA and the media: sending press releases, suggesting interviews and reports.
• Upload contents about the UCA to the UPF website.
• Upload contents to the UCA website.
• Visibility within the PRBB: Ellipse, Open Day.
• Maintenance of the Facebook and Twitter accounts associated to the UCA.
• Creation of contents and maintenance of the UCA playlist of the UPF YouTube channel.
• Support to outreach activities: organization of events, network with international journalists, news dissemination, etc.
• Visibility of the UCA at national and international levels.
Project and Institution that finance the contract:
Health and Life Sciences Academic Coordination Unit, Unidad de excelencia María de Maeztu, Pompeu Fabra University.
Official number reference:
Information on the minimum requirements:
• Degree in Sciences.
• Knowledge of biomedical research.
• Master’s in Scientific Communication.
• High level of English.
• High level of Catalan.
• Work experience in a similar position.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Interactive personality.
Benefits of the opening:
The successful candidate will have a one year contract with a gross salary/ year of 28.270,97 € plus Social Security costs.
She/he will be able to receive training in complementary through courses of Pompeu Fabra University and the PRBB Intervals Programme.
Information on the application process:
Please send the following documents:
• Cover letter
To the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, with Communication Officer Application in the email title.
Confidentiality in document handling and an equality of opportunities policy are guaranteed by Pompeu Fabra University.
Deadline to submit applications: