The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
Mission of the role
We are looking for a “Maintenance Engineering Officer” who is excited by the challenge to provide an excellent service in an international research environment.
Reporting to the Head of Facility Management, the Maintenance Engineer Officer will be responsible for space and equipment project development, monitoring scientific maintenance incidences, energy and alarm system surveillance in the PRBB premises.
The Maintenance Engineering Officer will as well support the Head of Facility Management on day-to-day tasks.
Main responsibilities are:
• Maintenance: Manage and supervise different tasks of the department for preventative maintenance and for the different monitoring systems (alarm systems).
• Project development of internal projects: develop plans and drawings of installations and facility services, carry out the control of technical and administrative documentation. Coordination of all technical aspects within the CRG (electricity, fluid, air conditioning, furniture, etc.)
• Energy and fluids: coordinate and validate the consumption of the different fluids and energy in the CRG premises.
• Engineering technical office: update of the key information regarding the Space and Equipment Office at the Facility Management Dpt. (including general plan of the CRG and CNAG buildings).
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position is essential. Demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with project management and maintenance services.
A relevant university degree in Industrial Engineering, Master in Engineering or equivalent qualification with specialisation in electricity or energy supply.
Technical skills required:
• Advanced user of Autocad
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan written and spoken
• High level of accuracy, responsibility and self-organisation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in different surroundings
• A solid service and client orientation
• Capable of working with deligence and with a high degree of work autonomy
• Duration: A one-year contract with the possibility to convert it into permanent one after
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and within the work-life balance programme is offering an opportunity to benefit from annual leave allowance, flexible working hours and teleworking programme.
All applications must include:
1. A presentation letter addressed to Josep Queralt.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. Two contacts for further references.
All applications must be addressed to Josep Queralt and be submitted by means of on-line application on the official website of the CRG - http://recruitment.crg.eu/.
Deadline:12th of February 2017.