The Targeted therapeutics and nanodevices group led by Dr. Silvia Muro at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral candidate to work on the design and implementation of strategies for controlled targeting of drug delivery systems to precise disease sites.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– To actively assist in and conduct research regarding the main thrust of the lab, namely nanocarrier- and targeting-based platforms for site-specific delivery of therapeutics, encompassing analytical, cell culture, and small animal models
– Especial emphasis is given to strategies for transport of biotherapeutics across biological barriers in the body, including those that separate body compartments (e.g., the gastrointestinal epithelial barrier or the blood-brain barrier, involved in oral delivery or delivery to the central nervous system, respectively), uptake into selected tissue cells, and targeting of precise subcellular compartments
– To contribute to common lab supporting tasks, research collaborations, recording and reporting process, as well as publications and other scientific communications derived from this work
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD with focus on Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Bioengineering, and/or any related science areas such as Molecular or Cellular Biology, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, etc
– Previous training in Drug Delivery or Gene Therapy is preferred
– Experience in cell culture techniques, recombinant DNA, polymer and conjugation chemistry, nanoparticles, fluorescence and electron microscopy, breeding of mouse colonies and PK/PD animal studies, as well as Microsoft Office. MatLab, and image processing software
-Excellent oral and written communication skills, project planning and delivery, analytical and critical thinking, high ethics and integrity, leadership and career management oriented, must work well within a team and independently
– One year contract with the opportunity for an extension for an additional year or a longer period of time)
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary and innovative research, and an enriching high-quality training experience
– An international scientific environment and the possibility for a collaborative short training in our sister lab in the University of Maryland (USA)
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 21/12/2017 (Reference: Ph-SM).