|Job Details | Go Back
|Job Title: Engineering Officer
|The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for an “Engineering Officer” who is excited by the challenge to provide an excellent service in an international research environment. Reporting to the Head of Facility Management, the Engineer Officer will be responsible for space and equipment project development, monitoring scientific maintenance incidences, energy and alarm system surveillance in the PRBB premises. The Engineering Officer will as well support the Head of Facility Management on day-to-day tasks.
Main responsibilities are:
• Maintenance: Manage the tasks of the warehouse officer and provide preventive maintenance scheduling, including the inventory of equipment, furniture in the Park of Research Biomèdica of Barcelona (PRBB) and the CNAG. The Engineering Officer will also be responsible for the maintenance and alarm system surveillance.
• Project development of works and installations: develop plans and drawings of installations and facility services, carry out the control of technical and administrative documentation. Coordination of all technical aspects within the CRG (electricity, fluid, air conditioned, furniture, etc.)
• Energy and fluids: coordinate and validate the consumption of the different fluids and energy in the CRG premises (registers and costs associated)
• Update of the key information regarding the Space and Equipment Office at the Facility Management Dpt. (including general plan of the CRG and CNAG buildings).
Whom would we like to hire?
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position is essential. Demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with project management and maintenance services.
A relevant university degree in Industrial Engineering, Master in Engineering or equivalent qualification with specialisation in electricity or energy supply.
Technical skills required:
• Advanced user of Autocad
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan written and spoken
• High level of accuracy, responsibility and self-organisation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in different surroundings
• A solid service and client orientation
• Capable of working with deligence and with a high degree of work autonomy
• Contract duration: A one-year contract with the option to be extended to a permanent contract
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Josep Queralt.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Josep Queralt and be submitted by means of on-line application on the official website of the CRG - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: the position will remain open until filled.