The Biomarkers and Nutritional & Food Metabolomics research group (http://www.nutrimetabolomics.com) is part of the Department of Nutrition Food Science and Gastronomy in the faculty of Pharmacy and Food Science at the University of Barcelona. Research group recognized by the Catalan government (AGAUR). It participates actively in European projects both in relation to KIC-Health and within the framework JPI Healthy Diet for Healthy Life (http://www.healthydietforhealthylife.eu/). The research group carries out targeted and/or non-targeted studies using a metabolomic approach with LC-MS and NMR to study the human metabolome involved in the relationship between nutrition and health through participation in clinical and epidemiological trials. It is led by Cristina Andres-Lacueva (ORCID: 0000-0002-84944978)
1. Job Offer Description
The Biomarkers and Nutritional & Food Metabolomics research group is seeking a postdoctoral candidate to work on research projects focused on nutritional metabolomics. Preference will be given to motivated candidates with experience in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry or NMR.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out targeted and untargeted metabolomics studies with mass spectrometry or NMR.
- To be responsible for the treatment and interpretation of metabolomics data.
- To support the research group in the design and development of the research programme, and the development of proposals for research funding.
3. General Requirements for All Candidates
- PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, nutrition or related disciplines.
- Experience in the analysis of clinical/human studies using LC-MS or NMR.
- Excellent understanding of statistical tools for analysing metabolomics data.
- Experience or research interest in an area of nutritional biomarkers and metabolomics.
- High motivation and the ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proactive and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Any participation in research projects and/or co-authorship in publications will be considered a valuable contribution.
- Any mobility experience, participation in research projects and/or coauthorship in publications will be considered a valuable contribution.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference code “Name”_postdoc_2017. All data will be treated confidentially.
Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality scientific environment are welcome to apply.