The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
Mission of the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants & Financial Technician to strengthen the services provided by the Grants Office. The post holder will work under the supervision of the Head of Department.
The Grants & Financial Technician will be in charge of providing support to the PostAward area to ensure compliance with the administrative and financial requirements related to the management and reporting of externally funded projects and those resulting from the internal accounting functions and schedules. The post holder will also take an active part in all common activities aimed at improving the quality and efficiency of the services provided by the area.
The main duties of this position will include:
Internal accounting: The post-holder will support the area in managing and updating the information and data stored in ORACLE, the center financial/accounting tool. That may range from keeping records for new and ongoing projects to executing journal entries and adjustments, entry processing, grants accounts reconciliation and analysis.
Grants management: The post-holder may additionally assist the area with the administrative and financial management of projects, ranging from individual fellowships to grants supported by private sponsors.
Reporting: The management of external grants requires processing a wide range of documents and reports, involving the elaboration - and collection - of documents and information across different departments. The post-holder may be providing assistance in making sure that the applicable requirements are fulfilled.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the administration departments (e.g. Finance, HR, Secretariat).
• A university degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is requested.
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar position will be valued, which may include areas such as budgeting, purchasing and bookkeeping.
• Basic knowledge of the administrative management and reporting of awards from the Spanish government and the European Commission is highly recommended.
Technical skills required:
• Strong IT skills (especially Excel - advanced level - and ORACLE/SAP ERP systems).
• Advanced level of Spanish and intermediate level of English. Catalan will be an advantage.
• Capable to manage multiple assignments involving analyzing and processing large volumes of data
• Proactive, flexible and showing a problem-solving attitude
• Capable to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player and able to work independently
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
• Duration: 1-year temporary part-time position, with the option of extending the appointment
• Estimated annual gross salary: Competitive salary
• Working hours: Monday-Friday: typically, from 8-9 am to 2-3 pm.
• Start date: Immediate hiring
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, providing the successful applicant with unique opportunities to develop a strong technical portfolio.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG)
Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona (Spain)
All applications must include:
A presentation letter addressed to Gabriele Picarella
A full CV including contact details
Two contacts for further references
All applications must be addressed to Gabriele Picarella and be submitted by means of on-line application on the official website of the CRG - http://recruitment.crg.eu/.
Deadline: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired. All candidates will be evaluated at shortest notice.