|Job Details | Go Back
|Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
|The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
The IT Department is responsible for providing IT services to over 500 users in two different locations (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park - PRBB and Barcelona Scientific Park - PCB). The department is divided in 3 areas, the Helpdesk team, responsible of the direct support to the user, the Systems Administration team, in charge of administrating all the IT systems and the Web team, responsible of the web development and support.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who is excited by working in a dynamic scientific environment where a lot of freedom is given regarding the products to be implemented as long as it presents an improvement for the scientific community. Reporting to the Head of IT, the senior systems administrator shall be responsible for managing and administering all the IT system hardware, software and cloud resources.
The main responsibilities are:
• Management of the current IT services available in the CRG
o Unified Communication platform (Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, SharePoint 2013)
o Virtualization platform (VMware, HyperV)
o Authentication platform (Active Directory, ADFS)
o Monitoring and management platform (Nagios, Cacti, Systems Center, MDT)
• Management of the IT infrastructure available in the CRG
o Network (HP switches, Fortigate firewall)
o Servers (HP c7000 racks)
o Storage (NetApp FAS cabins)
• Administration of the current cloud services used by the CRG
o Office 365
• Participation in the definition of possible improvements of the current services or implementation of new services
• Collaboration in the management of IT projects where the Systems Administration team is involved
• Implementation of IT processes in order to automatize the work done by the different teams of the IT department
• Resolution of incidences that can affect the IT services and escalation to the external suppliers if needed
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of five year experience in a similar job position, preferably in an international research and/or academic environment. Experience in team management will be an advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Telecommunications, or similar degree, is required. Any additional technical education/training, related with the requested profile, is appreciated.
• Experienced in Windows, Mac OS and Unix operating systems
• Experienced in Unified Communication platform (Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint)
• Experienced in Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, ISA Server, proxies, etc.
• Experienced in networks: horizontal, vertical, virtual, in Windows and UNIX. Network Wi-Fi, SDN, Firewalls
• Experienced in SAN and NAS storage platforms.
• Knowledge of Oracle databases and no relational databases
• Knowledge of applications server of Oracle to level of systems.
• Experienced in Standard web environments. Apache, Tomcat, IIS
• Experienced in Project Management and Reporting.
• Experienced in procedures and processes standards design
• Experienced in Office 365 cloud services
• Experienced in management and monitoring tools (Nagios, Microsoft Systems Center)
• Advanced level of English and Spanish written and spoken
• Catalan will be an advantage
• Proactive, organized, dynamic
• Ability to work independently
• Capacity to coordinate internal and external team work
• Project management skills
• Analysis and problem solving
• Service orientation
Working Conditions and Benefits
• Duration: permanent contract
• Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary will be provided and adjusted accordingly to professional experience
• Starting date: Immediately
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
||Senior Systems Administrator