The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, whose mission is to discover and advance knowledge for the benefit of society, public health and economic prosperity.
The breadth of topics, approaches and technologies at the CRG permits a broad range of fundamental issues in life sciences and biomedicine to be addressed.
Research at the CRG falls into four main areas: gene regulation, stem cells and cancer; cell and developmental biology; bioinformatics and genomics; and systems biology.
With more than 380 scientists from 42 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies.
The Scimago Institution Rankings (SIR) World Report 2015 classifies the CRG in 6th position (according to the Q1 indicator, Health sector), out of over 5,100 research institutions around the world.
The centre's other main strategic goals are: to translate basic scientific findings into benefits for health and economic value for society; to provide advanced and excellent training to our scientists; and to communicate and establish a bilateral dialogue with society.
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) was integrated with the CRG in July 2015, and is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centres in Europe with a large park of second generation DNA sequencers supported by an extensive informatics infrastructure.
CRG has received the “HR Excellence in Research” award from the European Commission, which shows the commitment of the institute in conducting transparent and merit-based recruitment procedures and providing attractive working conditions in alignment with the European Charter and Code.
For further information: www.crg.eu
Mission of the role
The post-holder will offer full administrative support to the members of the Communications & PR Dept., reporting to its Head.
His/her main tasks will be:
- Organisation of travel and accommodation for members of the department, invited speakers, and other people related to the activities of the department.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and meals
- Reservation of restaurants
- Organisation of meetings
- Updating the seminars calendar
- Entering purchase requests related to the department activities into the ERP Oracle system
- Updating the different databases of the department (institutional, participants in meetings, courses, etc.) when necessary
- In-site assistance and support during the events organised by the department
- Take care of postal mail and courier needs of the department
- Other administrative tasks: buy the necessary stationery material needed by the members of the department, printing documents, etc.
Vocational Education (“FP Admninistrativo o Superior”) or University Degree
A training Agreement (“Convenio de Prácticas”) with the educational institution will be required.
- Effective contribution to a team, adaptable, call and proactive in all situations, excellent organisational skills, enthusiastic and positive.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Duration: maximum duration allowed by the educational institution
- Schedule: part-time, 4 hours preferably during the morning
- Estimated annual gross salary: according to the educational institution regulations
- Starting date: immediate hiring
- We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, providing the successful applicant with unique opportunities to develop a strong technical portfolio.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.