FETAL I+D FETAL MEDICINE RESEARCH CENTER, IDIBAPS
BCNATAL | BARCELONA CENTER FOR MATERNAL FETAL AND N
HOSPITAL SANT JOAN DE DÉU, UNIVERSIT
AT DE BARCELONA
Experimental researcher in the Fetal Surgery field
FETAL I+D will carry out a research project on "New
biotechnological solutions for high precision and
fetal surgery", in collaboration with other researc
h centers nationwide. The goal of the project is to
improve the current interventions in fetal surgery
by developing new systems of biosensors and high
precision micro-endo-surgery guided by computerized
image and robotic systems.
The investigator will be responsible for the implem
entation of the following subprojects:
- Subproject 3: Robotics and biosensors (in collaboration with IBEC): Development of biosensors to be
applied in the fetal medicine field, in order to evaluate specific risks, and development of a robotic
assistance system for fetal surgeries.
- Subproject 4: Biomaterials (in collaboration with
IQS): Development of an automatic and integrated
system that allows fixing and sealing of membranes
during fetal surgeries by using new biomaterials.
- Post-doctoral veterinarian, biologist or pharmacist or equivalent (minimum 4 years of experience as
researcher) with experience in animal research
- Degree in Animal Testing (researcher)
- Experience in the areas of medicine and fetal therapy will be considered.
- Knowledge of English essential (C2 level or equiv
- International mobility experience is greatly appreciated.
- Experience in writing research grant proposals and scientific manuscripts for peer-review will be an
-Computing: advanced user (MS Office package)
Expected task and responsibilities:
- Development and validation of an
and animal model for the evaluation of new solutions in fetal
- Definition of tasks and planning of the project,
coordinating the different phases, designing and
participating in the experimental processes and participation in clinical trials.
- Preparation of results and scientific paper writing.
- International projects writing and submission.
Type of contract:
Duration: 3 years renewable annually.
Remuneration: European Commission standards for post-doctoral researchers of 4-10 years’ experience.
To apply, please submit the following documentation
A letter of interests (indicating the reasons why y
ou would be an asset to the Fetal I+D Research
Center taking into account the requirements of the
Two letters of reference or updated contact referre
rs (less than five years old).
The documentation must be sent via e-mail to:
before January 31
Don't forget to mention us :)